How are you celebrating the release of Jonathan Franzen's long-awaited masterpiece Freedom?
Here are some fun ways to spend your Franzen Day:
- Admire Jonathan Franzen's intensely somber visage on the cover of TIME:
- Draw your own portrait of Jonathan Franzen in MS Paint:
- Watch George Michael's "Freedom! '90" music video.
- Read emperorfranzen's tweets.
- Finish your Christmas shopping early by buying copies of Freedom for all your friends and family members.
- Laugh at the pitiful middlebrow anti-intellectual hacks who are jealous of Jonathan Franzen.
- Read Freedom.
- If your bookstore has sold all of its copies of Freedom, reread The Corrections, because apparently they're exactly the same thing.
Happy Franzen Day!